Japanese company in Malaysia
Forwarding Sales Manager (Penang)
Location: Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
Salary: up to RM15K – RM18K.
Job Type: Permanent; Full Time
Monday To Friday : 8:30am – 5:30pm
To support planning, marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of Business Malaysia range of services to Malaysia major/key accounts, in accordance with agreed business plans.
• Establish and develop new business opportunities with potential customers in the assigned territory and with assigned/named targets: A, B, C segment customers (profitable type of targets).
• Work out volume projection and long/short term action plan to achieve target.
• Monitor market trends and identify new business development opportunities to support revenue growth.
• To devise Sales & Marketing Strategies. Plan business strategies to meet the customers’ business objectives.
• Monitor market conditions for internal product development.
• Plan and manage logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
• Deliver solutions to logistics challenges while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
• Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
• Provide client and target information, maintenance of Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
• Collaborate closely with internal sales resources/experts: IV Account Managers, Trade-lane Manager, and product teams to maximize closing ratio
• Assure successful client integration: implementation collaboration with operation teams.
• Ensure proper knowledge of company’s products at all the time by attending and completing all trainings offered and available
• Identify and promote company Freight Management and Logistics services with targeted customers to ensure positive end result of successful specifications.
• Prospect for new accounts and seek opportunities to increase saturation of existing ones and increase market share.
• Be knowledgeable on all service portfolio (Airfreight, Ocean freight, local and cross boarder trucking, 3rd party logistics, project cargo and customs brokerage) for effective/correct specifications.
• Keep up to date with global forwarding and logistics market and competitors’ trends. – Monitor and track projects with the use of company value added services
• Maintain relations with clients by providing support, information and quality service at all times.
• Communicate regularly with Sales Team to ensure pull-through of specified services/proposals.
• Functional experience in logistic relevant industry.
• At least 5 years working experiences in Forwarding (Air, Sea, Warehouse, Cross Border Trucking, Domestics Trucking etc..)
• High competency with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Good understanding of company’s service offering and pricing policy.
• Understanding of company’s strategy, products and solutions.
• Local and international market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers).
• Expertise and professionalism in customer contacts, understanding of customer requirements, analysis and resolution of problems and complaints.
• Customer and sales-oriented with strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, writing skills and has the ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to interpret and use internal or external data provided to speak to customer needs and communicate business insights. You are the customer’s source of industry knowledge.
• Lead bid opportunities.
・ EPF&SOCSO: Yes
・ Annual Leave: 14 days
・ Medical Leave: 14 days
・Insurance: Yes (upon confirmation)
・Handphone allowances: Yes
・Petrol allowances: Yes
・Birthday Gift: Yes
Kindly WA to WeiXuan